Onewheel cheap mods

• Hi @Lia -- On another site someone commented that Sonny Wheels added a Slider with locked wheels to the back of one of his boards as his emergency freewheel brakes. The skid marks from those would likely look similar to the skid marks above.

• The newest version of freewheel brakes: Cut-down 2x2 wood fastened inside the rails, with heavy black rubber stall mat slices attached beneath. This version has not yet been tested in real life. (The extensions make mounting the board easier, too, by softening the sharp angle of repose created by the lift.)

IMG_3213.jpeg

• @blkwalnutgrwr said in Onewheel cheap mods:

This version has not yet been tested in real life.

Just add the sink already!

• @blkwalnutgrwr That motor matches your rig well. @stinkyface provided inspiration for the idea with his polished hub. Glad to hear you are making good use of it. That front foot pad looks familiar also. So happy to see parts live on and continue helping a wheeler ride.

• Hi @NotSure -- It turns out all the extra weight seems not to make any difference in the way I ride, which is mostly narrow carving on paved Greenway.

And with no onboard battery under my trailing foot to damage, I can leave the board in the car all the time, in the hot summer and freezing winter -- not carrying it in shuttle from car-to-house.

And if ever I run out of battery on the trail, I find a hooked stick and walk, pulling the Onewheel along -- not actually carrying it and all its weight.

So yes, I could add the weight of a kitchen sink, or its equivalent. (The funny thing is I really considered using a scrap bathroom sink for a fender -- but the dimensions were not quite right.)

The funny thing is I really considered using a scrap bathroom sink for a fender -- but the dimensions were not quite right.

The world needs this... Add a working bellows, a wrought-iron hook for a carbide lamp, spray paint it all bronze, and win every steampunk contest ever!

• @NotSure -- Bellows? Almost! Had you seen my idea back in this thread of adding a clip-on battery powered fan to blow away the snow that the wheel kicks up in winter so it does not create its own snow fender?

(The extensions make mounting the board easier, too, by softening the sharp angle of repose created by the lift.)

Oh, I love the words you chose. 'Repose' ... 'angle of repose' ... almost poetic. (Do these draw from Mechanical Engineering language?? Kinda makes sense that they should. Word pictures!!)

Cut-down 2x2 wood fastened inside the rails

I think these need to be painted to look like flames ... or rocket exhaust?

alt text

• Hi @HorsePlay -- Off topic, your response to words and language makes me think you might play Words with Friends. With my editor sister and with my grown younger daughter I play very open, friendly games. Some of our words lately have included OCTOPUSES, AQUATIC, SAFEHOUSE, and SNITCHERS. I am Blkwalnutgrwr there, too, if you have time and would enjoy a game ( ...or not is fine, too.) Anyone else here maybe up for a game?