Los Angeles Riders?

• Works for me!

• please film your group ride for those of us who cant attend!

• Weird / noob q, but is there a way to like "follow" the FB page you created?

I don't FB very much, so I don't know the mechanics of group pages (but I did :+1: the page ). Basically, I just want to see if I can get email notifications of postings to the group page, since I usually ignore 99% of everything else on FB. Does anyone know if that's possible?

• So some of us are getting together to ride this weekend. If your interested hit me up! Should be fun!!

• BUMPING THIS!

We are meeting in Santa Monica near 3rd street pier @ 10 - 10:30AM!

EVERYONE IS INVITED THE MORE THE BETTER!

3 Riders Confirmed -
    Michael
    Wayne
    Vic (me)

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS! :boom:

• Dude! Vic and I went riding and had a fucking blast! I brought two boards and he bought his one and we rode (On Venice beach) till we almost ran out of charge! Then we quickly got my charging cable, went to Starbucks, he charged his board and I got my other one and we rode for another hour! Two different riding styles. He doesn't wear a helmet and I have pads everywhere... He also went into the skate bowl with the Wheel! LOL... Honestly though it was a total blast! We need to bring others into the mix! We are planning weekends. Next week will likely be Sunday! Come on people!! Lets make our chapter the Hells Angeles of OneWheels!! @818

• @MichaelW ๐Ÿ‘Œnice meeting you dude.

Yeah today was a blast. Great spot, and we can find many others to rip up like today!

It was great seeing someone else on a board (first-time)! Having a couple more people with boards could take this to another level. For instance kart style courses, beach runs n maybe drag racing...๐Ÿ˜†

Hells 1wheel Angeles it is!

• @MichaelW @818 Bummer I couldn't join you guys today. Had to run some errands at 9am but squeezed in a ride at Griffith Park before then.

The Onewheel had no problems with the uphill. Mostly paved road with a little bit of dirt road.

Filled my tire to 22 psi, and switched to Incline mode. According to my Onewheel's odometer it was a 4 mile uphill climb and 4 mile back down.

I used up about 70% battery power going uphill, and thankfully the regenerative braking really did work going downhill, as it only used about 10% of the battery.

Down hill was REALLY fun. Carving most of the way down, dodging potholes. :) Beautiful view too.

Hope I can join you guys next week.

• @818 said:

@MichaelW ๐Ÿ‘Œnice meeting you dude.

Yeah today was a blast. Great spot, and we can find many others to rip up like today!

It was great seeing someone else on a board (first-time)! Having a couple more people with boards could take this to another level. For instance kart style courses, beach runs n maybe drag racing...๐Ÿ˜†

Hells 1wheel Angeles it is!

Def have to join you one of these weekend when I'm in LA!

• @Wayne I've done Griffith once before and it sure was a cool spot, all the bikers kept commenting and I met a few cool people.

And yes you better make it out next time!

• @818 @Wayne Lets meet this Sunday guys! After 1:00 works good for me! Let me know people!!

• I just bought a board used, because I couldn't take the wait.

I need some time to get practice riding and get comfortable on it, as well as finishing some personal stuff over the next few weeks, but I will be joining you guys in late August for sure!

@Wayne - where was this Griffith ride? And where did you park? That ride sounds sick as hell!

Maybe it would be a good idea to find a way to share ride locations? It would be awesome if that was built into the app... sort of like mapmyride for onewheel, with the added benefit of tagging parking and charging locations (for longer rides).

• Looks like we may do a Saturday after all... Who's up for it @818 @Wayne Anyone else?

• @Willy new guy may not have seen this thread yet

• I'm so jealous that I live in (far and rainy) Belgium!! :smiley:

• @hdiesel The location in Griffith Park I went to last weekend started at Commonwealth Ave off Los Feliz Blvd and ended at the illegally built but awesome Griffith Park Tea House.

Here's the trail I took on Google maps:
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/34.1212653,-118.2879498/34.1338814,-118.3000031/@34.1290007,-118.3022914,3696m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e1

And here's an article on the Tea house if you're interested:
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/miranda/la-et-cam-griffith-park-teahouse-20150630-column.html

The trail is mostly paved and uphill. On my Onewheel, I made it all the way up to the steeper dirt trail just after Mt Hollywood Dr that leads to the tea house, but with 30% battery left I worry about the return trip and decided to strap my Onewheel to my backpack for the last part of the trail. From the Tea house back down hill, I rode my Onewheel all the way, even on the steeper dirt trail near the tea house. That only used about 10-15% battery thanks to the downhill and regenerative braking.

Aside from worrying about the battery (which I hope the AC inverter I just ordered will take care of), it was a fun ride! Carving downhill 4 miles returning to my car was the best. Its a beautiful view. Even rode past two deer. :)

IMG_3722a.jpg

IMG_3728 (2).JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Next time I'm up there I want to try find the old original and now abandoned LA Zoo in Griffith Park. :)

• @Wayne nice article, I was up there today for a few hours, very fun place to ride!

On another note, me and @MichaelW are planning on meeting @ Franklin Canyon Park between Beverly Hills and Studio City. Tomorrow approximately 5:30pm-7ish

Anyone else down to to make it a tri-wheel ride!?

• @818 said:

On another note, me and @MichaelW are planning on meeting @ Franklin Canyon Park between Beverly Hills and Studio City. Tomorrow approximately 5:30pm-7ish

Hey @818 ,
    I might be able to go at that time. :) Where in Franklin Canyon Park are you guys meeting? I'll text @MichaelW when it gets closer to 5pm if I can make it.
    -Wayne

• Great! Let's all meet at the end of the park, Wayne sounds like you've been there?

Parking lot all the way down rear where the road ends by large water reserve. Once I'm there I'll share my exact location. It's a pretty big park.