Riding Steady (XR - Pint - Plus), The Daily Ride Crew Roll Call (Not Riding a V1, Can Add Data by Tribute) Moved ~ 5 Spots in 30 Days

• @LidPhones Sorry that happened to you too.

• @blkwalnutgrwr
    Friendly competition is the best.... I hope to catch you again soon.

• @Lia
    Thanks, mine was not 2 years worth of rides though.... Like you.

• Hmmm... I have been riding averaging over forty miles a day this week and last, even in the spring rainy days, and went backwards on the Plus mileage Leaderboard one place -- despite having logged half a thousand miles. I was at #22 chasing #21, now I am at #23.
    To get up to #10 now, though, is less than a thousand miles. Maybe in June.

• Well, I got up to #8 on the Plus Daystreak... but spilled again with bruised ribs (edit: two fractured ribs) and bruised hip... not likely to ride in this all day rain, today.

And that #10 I am yearning for on the Plus Mileage Leaderboard will likely be delayed for a while -- fortnights of riding half a thousand miles will not be happening this moon.

• @blkwalnutgrwr Bruised rib and hip sucks, been a while but I remember never wanting to do it again. Hope that heals up quick!

• Wow, I am impressed with myself for piecing together the facts of the fall. Riding without a stock battery the XT60 connector came loose going over a bump (I had not taped it like I usually do) while at the same moment I was braking, giving no place for the regen to go. That resulted in an overcharge notification and severe momentary pushback which I tried to compensate for... but power was already cut making braking reaction useless and a recipe to fall backwards.

The confusing jigsaw had been the overcharge notification and subsequent board behavior very much like overcharge cut-outs I have experienced in the past -- freewheel rolling with slippery, hard plastic tail bumper doing nothing to slow it down. It also explains the severe momentary pushback of overcharge cut-out. Had I been accelerating instead of braking when the XT60 came loose the result would have been a nosedive and fall forward, with no notification or pushback. By the way, this was five miles into the ride -- plenty for the EGO batteries to be in a charge condition to accept the braking regen had they not disconnected at that moment. Solving the mystery makes it hurt less! At least in my mind anyway.

Edit: Precautions for my continued Onewheel riding: #1. Make sure the battery connectors cannot come undone! #2. Safety gear: Hip pads on BOTH hips in addition to helmet, elbow, knee, and tailbone pads; maybe add boots or ankle pads, too. #3. NO backpack or book bag with a heavy battery to fall on and impact ribs adversely; instead strap both EGO batteries to the fender, or use only one at a time.

'Painful lesson' is not just a figure of speech.

• @blkwalnutgrwr agree totally, understanding why you fell is key to getting confidence back.

Like many onewheelers I ride and used to race motorcycles. It pays to walk the location where the crash occurred and work through the events.

• @blkwalnutgrwr
    Heal up fully and be safe out there.

• Well - Back in the chase on the OW+ @ 17th position after 11 days.

Still riding towards the 365 days in a row on the XR but the App did not sync at day 326 back on 04-16-2021 and FM was not able to fix, even with proof, (just an email saying "you will be back again in no time and be sure to link up before midnight"). So I will hit my 365 date on 5-25-2021 (Goals.... LOL).