Foot injury :(

• Separately, you did a great job with the video! You've got talent! :)

• And single nettle to boot! Now that is just not fair. Again, Poor Baby!! (Again, I don't mean to offend. This is meant in all kindness and wishing you could have been spared this insult from nature.)

• @HorsePlay Aha it's fine, thanks for the kind words *hugs*

I think at this point other than the swelling (and maybe lingering ankle pain) I'm getting better. Never heard of that treatment before but have seen similar stuff that uses IR on the skin. I think my old hair removal thing used IR too.

Glad you liked the video too :)

• I was expecting it to take a little longer for me to manage standing on the board again but despite still not being able to actually walk on my foot I managed to actually ride!!!

By ride I mean doing donuts in my carpet >.>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mOPm7B8waI
    alt text

• @Lia A bit crazy, but hilarious!!!

• @OneDan Just about sums it up nicely~

• @Lia -- Yes, I had been wondering how you were doing -- ready already to dance I see!

• @blkwalnutgrwr Looks like it :)

Wasn't planning on doing it this early but after today's dizzying laps round the room I think I'll be able to float on over to Tesco and do my usual weekly shop.

Probably good timing too. I can see a noticeable circle in the carpet where I've been rolling round the past few days. So much so it's even cleaned my tyre better than when I used to wash it.
    IMG_6986.JPG

• @Lia
    Love the video edit. Did not like the ankle roll.... Hope recovery is going well?

• @LidPhones Thanks :)
    Going surprisingly well, just got back from shopping which involves riding there and back while carrying it all.

Might have chose one of the worst days to go as yesterday a guy had a brick thrown at his head on a street I take to get there and a convoy of travellers have settled in at one of the other store car parks.

• @Lia -- Carrying the heavy and awkward XR in and out of your apartment with crutches must be challenging.

• @blkwalnutgrwr I ditched the crutches in the end, managing to get around with just the boot now thankfully. Had to add some material to the foot of the boot since it's curved which made activating the pads reliably a nightmare.

Is indeed challenging though getting up and down the stairs. Taking it slow and doing multiple trips up and down with various bits.

• @Lia -- Eleven days since you threw away the crutches -- how is the healing going? Well, I hope, and not skipping a beat, or missing a day! Easier to ride your XR than walk, probably, is my guess. Be sure to keep us posted of your adventures in healing.

• @blkwalnutgrwr Funny you ask, today was my first ride without the space boot which was so much better. Couldn't fit my swollen foot in till now (2 weeks 2 days of swol foot D: ).
    Space boot sucked as it had a rounded base so I could never properly activate the pads. I put some rubber feet used for network kit on the heel and toes to help activate but they fell off a lot leading me too as well >.>

Still swollen and certain foot movements hurt a little but most are fine. Oddly enough having been unable to use it for maneuvering for 2 weeks that foot forgot entirely how to ride. Took about half an hour before it finally started to correct wobbles and terrain shifts.

Doc wants to check my foot again in 2 weeks, looks like I'll be able to do the 40km ride there and back by OW at this rate :)
    I'm sure they'll be most pleased seeing me pull up on the thing that got me in this situation in the first place lol.