Borrowed FM's patent drawings for a little project.

• Been wanting to do something like this for a while but could never recreate anything that looked like stock technical drawings.

Remembered earlier today FM have patent drawings which are HD enough to make some artwork of. Bit of fiddling around in Photoshop and whipped this up, figured you all might like it :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/onewheel/comments/o2xgc2/anyone_else_really_dig_patent_art/
    Onewheel Patent Art

Of course full credit to FM, nothing other than the added flare is mine, they did the hard bit ;)
    Anyone interested in the patents I used for the image I've linked below

Edit : Lots of floaters over on Reddit seemed to like it and also want this as a poster. Poked FM over on Twitter to see if they're fine with me putting this up on Redbubble. It contains their intellectual property and trademarks so best to get their permission first.

• @Lia very nice I'd likely buy one.

• Doesn't look like I can sell the former patent art so I've made something new.

Modelled in SketchUp, converted to wireframe and imported into Photoshop to make it look good~
    Onewheel Poster 2.jpg
    If you'd like to get this as a poster or something I've put it on RedBubble :)
    https://www.redbubble.com/shop/ap/86568743?ref=studio-promote

Here's a snippet of what that model looked like in "Xray" mode.
    It's pretty cool although I bet the actual one that FM has looks cooler (and more accurate)
    OneWheel 2.png

• @Lia the next thing u should invent is a vacation.

• @NotSure Assuming the weather stays good and the police aren't on patrol I'm planning a really long ride tomorrow.
    Found an old railway line converted to footpath I plan to ride tomorrow, goes for 25km so hoping I can get to do it.

There, back and exploring should cut a chunk out the battery. Not a vacation but as close to one as I get ;)

• @Lia said in Borrowed FM's patent drawings for a little project.:

Assuming the weather stays good and the police aren't on patrol I'm planning a really long ride tomorrow.

I got kicked out of my first park this week. I want to start a union.

• @NotSure said in Borrowed FM's patent drawings for a little project.:

@Lia said in Borrowed FM's patent drawings for a little project.:

Assuming the weather stays good and the police aren't on patrol I'm planning a really long ride tomorrow.

I got kicked out of my first park this week. I want to start a union.

i got the park directors business card. He informed me of whom to contact in order to petition for such a policy change. Currently the language is vague in terms it's technical descriptions for each prohibited class.

So I'm wondering if it would be possible to directly recommend the appropriate legal jargon to encapsulate the spirit of the restrictions without resorting to blacklists, which are overtly exclusionary, ineffective (just ask ur ciso), and the public has a right to reasonable accommodation if possible.

My thoughts immediately go to defining a term like "overpowered". Avg human can't generate much more than 750 watts. Predominantly can't run faster than 20 mph.

Noise pollution would be an issue for most ppl in a public park. A simple noise ordinance would suffice in that regard.

Wondering if such a policy change would have the public support necessary to make the carrot more preferable to the stick. A 6 yo girl got them to permit scooters again. Yeah! Scooters were banned too. They undo the policy and posed for pictures in the newspaper like they did a good job lol. Umm, who made that policy in the first place?

Make absurd policy. Undo absurd policy. Pose for pictures lol.

More than welcome to other's input on the matter.

• @NotSure I'm not sure how much use it would be but I feel FM among the rest of the PEV manufacturers could unite as a lobbying group. We hear companies lobbying to restrict consumer rights a lot so I'm sure that same power could be used to make decent change both for them and we as consumers.

It's a win-win. The PEV companies get to sell their products easier and in more countries whilst the customers don't have to spend hours googling if they can get away with riding them. Maybe they already do this and I (as usual) haven't been paying attention.

• @Lia I've thought about showing up with the lawn chair mod and calling it a wheelchair. Anyone here know any disabled vets? Put a puppy in their arms and a sign that says "why can't we enjoy the park too, Mrs. So-n-So?" That's how u wittle a stick.

• @Lia I don't know, I'm holding out for one with a CBXR and BANG bumpers.

jk, this looks great, nicely done.

• @NotSure I would recommend, assuming e-bikes are allowed, that you simply argue that single wheeled devices which meet the same power and speed requirements (usually max 750w and 20mph) should be allowed where e-bikes are allowed. That will cover Onewheels.

If someone else wants to ride an EUC with the power capabilities of a moped, then maybe they should only be going where mopeds are allowed.

And, if all else fails, butter them up with a case of sports drinks. They have electrolytes, its what park rangers want.

• @biell said in Borrowed FM's patent drawings for a little project.:

They have electrolytes, its what park rangers want.

Click to glimpse the future!
    Watch Idiocracy!