JWXR + JW Pint + FFM chip mod

• So everyone probably knows that JWXR is an alternative to the CBXR. 30 plus miles of range which is phenomenal in my opinion. What you may not know is that the FFM chip does more than allow the newer hardware versions to function with the bigger battery pack.

From info I read on the JW batteries website, the chip also provides correct battery percentage reading for both the JWXR and JW Pint battery upgrades. Don't get me wrong, voltage is probably the one form of data that's pretty damn accurate and can be used everyday of the week as a saying goes to figure battery percentage. To me this is a game changer with the ability to read the correct battery % with the bigger battery packs installed.

I'm still waiting on mine to be completed and I will definitely let you know how it all works. I'm looking forward to 30 miles of range, I have never done that yet. I'm considering getting a Pint and doing the FFM chip mod to it with a JW Pint.

• i was about to post about this. i am super interested in this mod, since i'm been maxing out my range lately and i crave for more. i heard someone say that the CBXR is a better product? but i do need the chip mod cause i have newer hardware... i also heard something about the JW batteries bulging a bit into the footpad. wonder if that's true

• @Swinefeaster said in JWXR + JW Pint + FFM chip mod:

i do need the chip mod cause i have newer hardware..

i do too. i also heard it needs a pretty skilled installer. Sounds awesome tho.

• isnt it just some cutting of plastic and soldering a couple wires? :) guess i'll have to watch the vid

• Ok I got nervous about the chip shortage bs and impatient so I just ordered mine. Gonna do the install myself though. Got all the tools.

• @Senior-Coffee Let us know how it turns out . . . I'm seriously considering this since my second battery now has over 4k miles on it!

@Swinefeaster I watched the video and it didn't look TOO hard and, like you, I think I can handle the soldering. Curious to hear about your experience with the install.

• yeah i've got over 2k on my first xr battery (had a pint before). not sure if my battery is on its way out, or whether the kiil guards plus the new tire and more aggressive riding is doing it. but i am totally craving for more. i'm also seeing a lot of surging going uphill. so i'm looking forward to a battery refresh...

• So basically this is the process. I paid for the JWXR + FFM chip + installation. They need time to build the battery for me so they asked that I wait a week to ship my XR battery box with battery and bms. I waited a week and then shipped it. They'll then build my JWXR + FFM and send it back to me along with my old XR battery.

I know that the range is going to be 30+ miles. The XR battery I had in there gave me 18 miles. My riding style is very casual. Approx. 12-15 mph all the time. Flat ground, 80-90 degree temps. 20psi in treaded burris, 215lb riding weight. I'm pretty much done after 12 miles but with my weight it's nice to have the extra "in the tank" as far as battery capacity. I should get it all back in approx. another week.

I'll be doing this same thing with a Pint as well. JW Pint + FFM chip + installation.

• @NotSure said in JWXR + JW Pint + FFM chip mod:

@Swinefeaster said in JWXR + JW Pint + FFM chip mod:

i do need the chip mod cause i have newer hardware..

i do too. i also heard it needs a pretty skilled installer. Sounds awesome tho.

I could do the mod myself but for the not so pricey installation fee I decided to let them do it.

• how much did you pay for install?

i also will need to rebadger it after install so i would have to take it all apart again anyways... not sure if i want to be that long without my board.

18 miles, really? i get about 10 if i'm lucky but that's aggressive riding half trails half road.

how much did you pay for install?

i also will need to rebadger it after install so i would have to take it all apart again anyways... not sure if i want to be that long without my board.

18 miles, really? i get about 10 if i'm lucky but that's aggressive riding half trails half road.

Yeah, my riding style is very relaxed.
    Installation is $75. That's why I asked them to do it. Sure I have the electronics background to install the chip but they've done it plenty of times plus they'll test it. And I had just sealed my XR battery box nice with silicone right before I decided to do this mod. No worries. I'll just redo it if I have to. Looking forward to being able to read correct battery % with the bigger battery.

i get about 10 if i'm lucky

My daily ride is just under 12 miles and I end up with just over 20% left on the stock battery. I'm 185 lbs, 18 psi, about 90/10% paved vs gravel trails running the treaded Hoosier T2. I'll be happy if I can get 25+ miles with this mod . . . can't wait to see @Senior-Coffee's review!

• i have the hoosier T2 as well + kiil guards. lots of jumping with flightfins and drops on my usual routine trail run and i run her down to about 15% in under 9 miles.