Pinout on Xr Footpad Connector

• Can anyone help me out?

Alls I got to go on so far is this pic i found on the internet. I'm assuming there should be a Line?

3c4d4130-5931-436c-a536-733db3733d52-Onewheel Xr Footpad Pins.png

• @Swinefeaster Can confirm the image is correct, used the same pins when checking my XR a while back.

Connecting the left/right to the centre ground pin will trigger the footpad.
    Left and Right should have 3.3v present.

• @Lia said in Pinout on Xr Footpad Connector:

should

awesome thanks. do you know how the posisensor works? im assuming there's no special resistors needed?

can i just wire the left and right and additional switch all together to have the footpad fully triggered whenever one of them in engaged?

thanks

• @Swinefeaster said in Pinout on Xr Footpad Connector:

can i just wire the left and right and additional switch all together to have the footpad fully triggered whenever one of them in engaged?

Can do, it's how I tested my Pint when I didn't have a footpad.

I wired in an old arcade button (because it was the only momentary switch I had laying around). Funnily enough it's how Kyle first got the early prototypes going too.
    alt text
    Linky : https://cargocollective.com/kdoerksen/Onewheel

However you want to have both footpad and the switch so I recommend getting a 2P1T switch (2 Pole 1 Throw, also known as DPST or Double Pole Single Throw) so that when the switch is connected the L and R pads don't end up connected via the terminals and remain isolated. Took a while but below illustrates the wiring for such a setup.
    6efe9027-39f3-4d85-9d66-ef67ea84ad45-image.png

If you just use a single throw switch then the L and R pins would be connected at the switch terminal meaning when one activates it would activate the other, in turn causing both pads to become one which I imagine isn't ideal. Might be hard to picture it so here's what that would look like.
    fd849ad8-ca65-4667-a495-68496b3a164e-image.png

• thanks Lia this is exactly what i needed! can't wait for my connectors to come in so i can start messing with this.

"causing both pads to become one which I imagine isn't ideal" --- actually this is exactly what i want, since this is what i have right now with the posisensor, which i always have set to POSI MODE. i was having problems with the board thinking i was doing a heel or toe stop whenever i did 180 reverts, so this turns it into an OR instead of and AND. works great. (i always have to jump off the board to stop, but that's better anyways)

as you saw in my other thread, i want to wire in a switch into the flighfins and make it a 3rd OR.

effectively: keep the motor engaged if

• left footpad
      OR
    • right footpad
      OR
    • flightfin switch

so... POSI + FLIGHTFIN MODE.

correct me if i'm misunderstanding anything.

in any case, you've given me enough info to be able to start playing around with this to get exactly what i want. doesn't look like it will be difficult. trickiest part will be to find a good way to mount the switch.

• @Swinefeaster Oh well in that case it's that simple then :) A simple momentary switch with L and R connected to one terminal would combine them as a single pad and in turn making the Posisensor redundant.

If you want to retain the ability to switch between the dual pads or large single pad then you'd want the 2P1T switch and the Posisensor.

For mounting I guess you could drill a hole through the fin on the underside and then slot in the momentary switch with the complete travel of the switch being outside the bounds of the fin wit all the electrical connections safely tucked inside the hole.

• yes! i also contacted flight fins and they were excited enough about this to offer me a discount on a fresh set of fins if drilling through it doesnt work out. now i need to wait a couple weeks to get my connectors... i dont want to cannibalize my posi sensor.

thanks

• @Swinefeaster That's dope, keep us updated! :)