nice pick up
Posts made by jackiemoon
RE: Selling my 41 miles xr onewheel half price In LA
nice pick up
Maintenance for my XR?
I’ve got 300 miles on my XR
Dumb question but should I be doing some maintenance? I don’t beat on the board and it is in great shape.
Change the oil...clean the carb? Well I guess I don’t need to do those things
Any tips are appreciated
Float Fender - Thumbs Up!
Float Fender- Thumbs up!
Ok, after 3 months of use, here is my review
This is completely idiot-proof. There is a video that shows you how to do it. Took me longer to take off my Onewheel fender than it took to install it.
Things I love about it:
- It sheds pine needles, leaves, rocks and dirt way better than the Onewheel fender. Stuff just flies out the side
- Indestructible- it is a super flexible plastic that takes a beating. I let my kids and nephews ride the board and have no worries that they are going to crack the $85 Onewheel fender
- No board rot- with the Onewheel fender it goes just a little bit over the wood on the board. When the board gets wet, part of the wood stays a bit wet. I’ve notice some bits of wood rotting off. The Float fender goes flush with the side of the board wood so it really doesn’t overlap
- Easy on and off- they have thumbscrews so you don’t need to have a wrench with you.
- In cold weather, I’ve noticed some of the nylon thumb screws pop off/break if you roll the board. I’ve switched to brass thumb screws so hopefully that will help. If you are riding with the nylon screws have a few extras in your pocket. That said, worst case you could just take the fender off, roll it up and put it in your pocket.
Customer service is awesome!
- Fender shipped almost immediately
- They included extra stickers and drink cozies
- I ordered the wrong set of thumb screws (my mistake). I sent an email to return them and Jeff McKosker replied back literally 5 minutes later. He told me he dropped a pair of the correct screws in the mail and to hang on to the old ones (at no charge).
RE: How is no one yet posting about the new PINT launch?
They need places for folks to try out the new product
I’d regret selling my Plus and not keeping it for the kids, but I want to know how the pint works/feels before I drop another grand
Stuff is too expensive to buy sight unseen
Front Page of the Local News Paper
I typically don't ever get the local newspaper. I had a dozen people text me to check out the front page.
Apparently, the reporter doesn't know about OWs. I wished she had stopped and asked me about it, so they could have added in some info on how the OW works.
Oh well, at least I wasn't on the front page for getting arrested.
RE: How do you figure out foot positioning on a Onewheel?
you are totally right. I never skateboarded or snowboarded, so basically when I stepped on the Onewheel I had no better side. I sucked both ways. I never really thought about it, but I started riding natural foot (which I guess is opposite of goofy foot- again, I never rode anything and had not clue). In retrospect, I wish I had done 50% one way and switched the other way.
If I try goofy foot now, its like day 1.
when your ride long distances and your back foot kills you will be happy if you can go both ways!