Hey OW riders,
I have some good news for you: A new app for the Onewheel with very useful alarming features is about to be released to the Apple app store.
As this app provides features which are critical when it comes to riders safety, I decided to start a short beta test phase with 5 experienced everyday riders for the next few days. The duration of this phase is not defined, it will end when the feedback from beta testers tells me that everything is working fine :).
So if you want to be a beta tester, there are only a few conditions which have to be met:
- You ride your OW everyday (at least one battery charge a day)
- You like to give feedback about features, bugs and whatever you think
- Your up to now riding experience exceeds 200 miles (or 300 km)
- You really want to have „WheelBuddy” :)
Let’s come to WheelBuddy’s initial feature set (I‘m also going to post a short video on Youtube about the app, but this is going happen whithin the next few days):
Safety related (Sound and message alarming – also when the app is in background)
- Regeneration warning: The regeneration warning tells you when you have to burn battery charge before continuing your ride downwards – otherwise it will shut down and you’re going to eat on whatever you ride
- Low battery warning: Well, this is self explanatory, it warns you before your Onewheel kicks you off due to a low battery shut down
- Distance warning: This message suits perfectly when riding a flat track, then it tells you when you pass the point of no return (50% battery charge left)
- Autoconnect: you can select one Onewheel to which the app should automatically connect (works also when the app is in background)
- Alias for your Onewheel: This is useful to distinguish your board from others, when riding in a group (Besides it’s also nice to give your Onewheel a name :))
- Control the Light
- Select the riding mode
- See your Onewheel’s movements live on the display (with foot pad sensor display)
- Fully charged notification: this one is useful to know when it’s time to ride again after getting a charge
- Swich between imperial and metric units
- Battery percentage
- Current speed
- Top speed (of the trip)
- Odometer (trip & total)
- Current Consumption (Ah)
- Current Regeneration (Ah)
This is just the initial set of features, there are many more features plannend like logging and displaying trip data, predicting the range according to your riding profile and much more.
So if you want be a beta tester and you meet the criteria I mentioned above, just drop me an email with your iPhone’s UDID at email@example.com and you’ll get the app within next few hours.
How to find your device’s UDID:
Remember, only the first 5 riders will get beta access, but for the others: don’t worry we’ll do exhaustive testing and you’ll get the perfectly working app soon available on the app store :)
Cheers & have a good night,